Effective as of January 19th, 2017
Information We Collect
1. Personal Information. You may be able to enter contests, order products, vote in a poll or otherwise express your opinion, subscribe to our services, become a member of our online communities, or request promotional items on and through our Sites. We may collect certain personally identifiable information from you on these pages, including your name, address, date of birth, email address, and telephone number (collectively, “Personal Information”). We do not collect any Personal Information from you when you visit the Sites unless you provide us with the Personal Information voluntarily.
3. Other Information and Cookies. In addition to the Personal Information and Billing Information noted above that you voluntarily provide to us, we may collect additional information (collectively, the “Other Information”). Such Other Information may include (i) information that we automatically collect when you visit the Sites, such as your IP addresses, Internet service provider, browser type and language, referring and exit pages and URLs, date and time, amount of time spent on particular pages, what sections of the Sites you visit, number of links you click while in the Sites, and similar information concerning your use of the Sites; and (ii) additional information that you voluntarily provide to us regarding your use and interest in our programs, offers, products, and services.
If you do not want Westwood One to deploy cookies in your browser, you can opt out by setting your browser to reject cookies or to notify you when a website tries to put a cookie in your browser software. If you choose to disable cookies in your browser, you can still use the Sites and the Services, although your ability to use some of the features may be affected.
4. Third-Party Analytics
For more information on these third parties, including how to opt out from certain data collection, please visit the sites below. Please be advised that if you opt out of any service, you may not be able to use the full functionality of the Sites or the Services.
For Google Analytics, please visit https://www.google.com/analytics.
Third-Party Online Advertising
Some of the advertisements on the Sites are delivered by third parties. These third parties include advertisers, advertising agencies, and ad networks. Please be aware that when you view or interact with one of their advertisements, such third parties may collect information through cookies, pixel tags (also called web beacons or clear gifs), and other technologies about your online activities, either on our Sites or across the Internet, in an effort to understand your interests and deliver advertisements tailored to those interests. Pixel tags enable us and these third-party advertisers to recognize a browser’s cookie when a browser visits the site on which the pixel tag is located in order to learn which advertisement brings a user to a given site.
Accessing and Modifying Information
If you have provided us Personal Information, you may access, review, and make changes to such Information by sending an email to our support attendants at the “Contact Us” section of the Site or by following the directions set forth on the Site. In addition, you may manage your receipt of marketing and non-transactional communications by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of any Westwood One marketing email. Registered users cannot opt out of receiving transactional e-mails related to their account. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to process such requests in a timely manner. You should be aware, however, that it is not always possible to completely remove or modify information in our subscription databases.
How We Use and Share the Information
We use the Personal Information and the Other Information (collectively, the “Information) to provide the products and services you have requested, to notify you if you have won a contest, to respond to your inquiries, to solicit your feedback, to inform you about our products and services and those of our third-party marketing partners, and to tailor messaging to you. Also, we may use and/or share Information as described below.
- We may from time to time share the Information with other companies who may provide you information about the products and services they offer. However, to the extent required by law, you will be given the opportunity to opt-out of such sharing.
- If you choose to enter a sweepstakes, contest, or other promotion from one of our Sites, in accordance with the terms and conditions of such promotions, your Information may be disclosed to sponsors and third parties who help us to administer the promotion, including, without limitation, sponsorship, winner selection, and prize fulfillment. Your Information may also be disclosed as required by law, such as on a winner’s list. Also, by entering a promotion, you are agreeing to the official rules that govern that promotion, including allowing the sponsors to use your entry, name, voice, and likeness in advertising and marketing associated with the promotion in accordance with applicable law.
- We may share Information about your activity on the Sites with third-party advertising companies for the purpose of tailoring, analyzing, managing, reporting, and optimizing advertising you see on the Sites and elsewhere.
- We may employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples may include providing marketing assistance, order fulfillment, billing, and customer service. These other companies will have access to the Information only as necessary to perform their functions and to the extent permitted by law.
- If you choose to publish any content on the Sites, such content will be published with any screen name you have provided to us. Please be aware that the information you voluntarily post about yourself and third parties in such areas might be accessed, collected, and used by parties other than us.
- In an ongoing effort to better understand our users and our products and services, we may analyze the Other Information in aggregate form in order to operate, maintain, manage, and improve the Sites and/or our products and services. This aggregate information does not identify you personally. We may share this aggregate data with our affiliates, agents, and business partners. We may also disclose aggregated user statistics in order to describe our products and services to current and prospective business partners and to other third parties for other lawful purposes.
- We may share some or all of your Information with any of our parent companies, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control with us.
- As we develop our businesses, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, sale of assets, dissolution, or similar event, the Information may be part of the transferred assets.
- To the extent permitted by law, we may also disclose Information when required by law, court order, or other government or law enforcement authority or regulatory agency, or whenever we believe that disclosing the Information is necessary or advisable, for example, to protect the rights, property, or safety of Westwood One or others.
How We Protect Your Information
We take commercially reasonable steps to protect the Information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Please understand, however, that no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our databases or the databases of the third parties with which we may share such Information, nor can we guarantee that the Information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted over the Internet. In particular, e-mail sent to us may not be secure, and you should therefore take special care in deciding what information you send to us via e-mail.
Important Notice to Non-U.S. Residents
The Sites are operated in the United States. Please be aware that your Information, including your Personal Information, may be transferred to, processed, maintained, and used on computers, servers, and systems located outside of your state, province, country, or other governmental jurisdiction where the privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your jurisdiction. If you are located outside the United States and choose to use the Sites, you hereby irrevocably and unconditionally consent to such transfer, processing, and use in the United States and elsewhere.
Under California Civil Code Section 1798.83, California residents who have an established business relationship with Westwood One may choose to opt out of our sharing your Personal Information with third parties for direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and you have already granted us this permission and (1) you now wish to opt out; or (2) you wish to request certain information regarding our disclosure of your Personal Information to third parties for the direct marketing purposes, please contact us as described below.
In addition, Westwood One does not monitor, recognize, or honor any opt-out or do not track mechanisms, including general web browser “Do Not Track” settings and/or signals.
A Special Note about Children
The Site are not directed to children under the age of 13. Westwood One adheres to the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”) and will not knowingly register or otherwise collect Personal Information from any child under the age of 13. We ask that minors (under the age of 13) not submit any Personal Information to Westwood One. If you are under the age of 13, you may use the Sites only with the consent of your parent or guardian.
If a child under the age of 13 has provided us with Personal Information, a parent or guardian of that child may contact us, by visiting the “Contact Us” section of this Site, and request that such information be deleted from our records.
How to Contact Us
The Sites are owned and operated by Westwood One, Inc., 220 W. 42nd Street, 3rd Floor, New York, NY 10036. For further information about Westwood One, Inc. or the Site, please visit the “Contact Us” section of the Sites. You may have this same information sent to you by e-mail by sending a letter to Westwood One, Inc., 220 W. 42nd Street, 3rd Floor, New York, NY 10036, Attn: Legal Department with your e-mail address and a request for this information.